Wednesday, April 21, 2010

1 of 3

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to post. I get so caught up in life, the last thing I have time to do is to blog. Today I am going to answer three request from Katie M., Jill, and Austin. This is the first of three blogs today and I will answer each request in a different blog.

As a side note before I answer Katie’s request any girls who attended the women’s conference in Knoxville please post your comments, I have heard great things about it and I am looking forward to listening to all of Carolyn McCulley’s messages. If you were not in attendance or have no idea who Carolyn McCulley is please look her up. She is a great godly example of what it looks like to walk out this life biblically as a single but most importantly as a women called by God.

So Katie asked my what is my timeline in reference to school, life, and my book. I have been in college for about 20 years now, not really that long but for about five total years and I have yet to finish my undergraduate. There have been many times where I have found myself discouraged because I have not finished my degree yet but you know the Lord has been gracious in this time. Anyway, I will be finished with my social work degree next May and I plan to either continue on to get my MSW or move to Africa to work with Campus Crusade. Right now I am leaning more towards my MSW. I also plan to be married, working on my first child. Okay I am lying, because I am single and contently so I am not headed towards that direction anytime soon. Also I am working as a girls director in this community here in St. Louis and I am just wanting to feed into these girls lives more and more each week. I pray my heart for them will continue to grow.

With the book Katie, sadly to say I have not done much at all. This summer I plan to be writing a lot with the book, please be encouraging me to do so. I also plan to read good books like Carolyn’s fairly new book Radical Womanhood: Feminine Faith in a Feminist World . I think this book will be a good resource for my book.

Carolyn's website- solofemininity.blogs.com
Her book- http://www.amazon.com/Radical-Womanhood-Feminine-Faith-Feminist/dp/0802450849
Her messages from knoxville conference- http://www.cornerstonechurchofknoxville.com/media/sermons/

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a post the other day for the FX blog concerning the women's conference. Check it out (it really doesn't give a great synopsis, but more what I was impressed with). Also, the messages should be up on the church website soon (if they aren't already).

    http://www.cornerstonechurchofknoxville.com/fx-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually read that post. I was encouraged by your thoughts. I have been listening to the messages.

    ReplyDelete